Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Stephen Lau's Biography

 My name is Stephen Lau and I am going to be a junior at Chartiers Valley High School.  Some of my interests are playing sports such as football, pickle ball, and track and field.  My favorite subject in school is gym, however my favorite core class is math.  I decided to apply for Project SEED because I find science as somewhat interesting and thought the experience how working in a lab with a scientist would be the perfect  opportunity to see how it's like.  After my first day at Project SEED, I find it neat that I am in computational chemistry lab where I would work most of my data on my computer.  However, I am also wondering if I would also have the chance to work in the lab.  At my time with Project SEED, I am really looking forward learning all about my research project about the protein that can cause depression by transporting vital molecules out the brain.  Unfortunately,  discovering the reason why this protein takes away important molecules in our brain will require lots of research.  In the next 10 years, I plan on finishing up my final years in college and start my own career in in the fields of science or something that relates to math.  However, my career interests may change throughout these next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment