Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Today, I did mostly everything this morning. Since I put my metal pieces in the oven yesterday, I had to put them through the IR today. It takes some time so I had to wait for about an hour for all of my pieces to get analyzed. Even after the sonication, the monolayers were still not there. Now, I have to try to use different length of times to see if something else will work to get to a stable monolayer. My mentor gave me another packet to read. It was about the same thing that I was doing but with different types of metal and some different procedures. I also worked in my workbook for some time. Today is Tuesday, so I had my personal meeting with Dr. Gawalt. She told me that I had to write a page on what I did in the past week. I went back to my lab and typed about everything that I did in the past weak, which wasn't that much.