Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6/18/14 Katie O'Kelley

    Today started off very interesting and fun. I was working in the lab, finally, and I leaned how to set of the first step of making a ligand. The reagents I refluxed today were N, N diisopropyl ethylene diamine, and diethyl oxalate. I used the stoiceometry that Mr. Lucas taught me in chemistry class this year. My solution has been refluxing since 11:12am. It will continue to do so over night and will be refrigerated tomorrow morning. When I last checked the solution it changed from a clear color to a dark yellow. After lunch my experiment was still ongoing... so, I finished the day reading Chapter 8 in the Gen. Chem. Book.
    Today was fun I am excited to see my solutions final color before it gets cooled.
 
 
 
-Katie O'Kelley :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment