Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Blog Challenge #1 Cheyeanne Perez




The career that somehow involves science that I wish to peruse would be to become a cardiothoracic surgeon. I have wanted to become a heart surgeon ever since I was younger. My brother was diagnosed with a heart murmur, and I had no clue what it was, so I was interested in it. I began to go to all of his appointments to make sure he was alright, then I started to want to become a heart doctor just like his and to I wanted to help people just like they helped him. After I decided I wanted to be a heart doctor I started reading about the anatomy of the human body and how it all works, as I was reading a page about the circulatory system my biology teacher told me that a teacher takes several students to see an open heart surgery, and I want and signed up as fast as I could. Then during the surgery I realized that I wanted to be that person that preforms the surgery, I wanted to be the person that helped the patients stay alive and keep living afterwards.
Johns Hopkins University in Maryland
There are very many requirements for medical school. Most requirements revolve around you work ethic and grades. The requirements are academic excellence, leadership, service compassion and humanism, diversity, and the ability to work in a team. All of which are very easy to maintain and accomplish with work. There are many classes and course you would need to take to be a heart surgeon but first you need to take classes to become a doctor. The classes are all revolve around Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biological Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Molecular Biophysics, Neuroscience, Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Pathobiology, Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Functional Anatomy and Evolution, History of Science, and Medicine and Technology. The classes that are necessary to take are ones that are related to which ever form of doctor you wish to be.
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
Perelman School of Medicine encourages students to have a well-rounded education in liberal arts, while also taking the sciences that are appropriate for your field. The science courses should include laboratory experience to provide you with the knowledge of how it may be in a real life scenario. They also wish for you to have motivation, intellect, and personal character. The programs that a medical student would go through are separated into six modules. The first module is your core principles. The second and third modules revolve around the integrative systems and disease.  The forth module is your required clinical clerkships. The fifth and sixth modules are electives, selective, scholarly pursuit, humanism and professionalism.
Harvard Medical School
There are multiple requirements for applying to Harvard. First you should have above a 3.92 gpa. Then on your sat scores you should have a 2350. The classes and courses that are need to graduate are:  Preclinical Courses Year I, Preclinical Courses Year II, Health, Science, & Technology (HST) Courses, Core Clinical Clerkships, Elective Courses (Clinical and Non-Clinical Courses), HMS-Division of Medical Sciences Courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment