Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 19, 2014

6.19.14 Cheyenne Simmons


         Well today didn't start off to well. Last night my oven wasn't running when it should have been, so this morning I discovered that it didn't move up in temperature at all since yesterday before I left. Then we couldn't figure out how to get it to work until one of the people in my lab figured out that the run button has to be held in until its a solid green light. Once we got that situation under control I began to finish my reading. I only had two more papers to read that Jaci had given me.  Once I was done reading them I put all of the notes I took into my notebook. I still have more to put into my notebook but I plan to finish that tomorrow morning while I wait for Jaci.

         When it was lunch time we all got together and right before we left I realized that we had forgotten one of our fellow SEED members Cheyeanne. After we got her we ended up finding Kelly and headed to lunch. After we got back from lunch I went and work on notes then Jaci told me to go down to the basement with Bri and Ashley to the SEM. While we where down there I showed them how to measure particle sizes and Jaci pointed out how I still could take amazingly clear pictures with the SEM. After we measured some more particles we came upstairs and we watched two of the people in my lab grind up crystals.

         My plans for tomorrow include finishing my notes in my notebook. Then hopefully the oven works over night and I can take the autoclaves out and see if they are clean. If they're not clean then I'm going to have to do the whole process over again with acid and this time ill make sure to hold in the green button so we don't have another incident like last night. If they are clean them I'm going to start putting my reactions that weren't finished last year in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment