Monday, June 23, 2014

6-23-14 Summary

        Today, I didn't do as much that I though I was going to do.  I used the IR in the morning because no one else was using it.  After waiting about 5 minutes for each metal piece to go through it, I analyzed it.  I then saw that with every sample, the monolayer was not stable because it didn't show up after I rinsed the metal.  After that, I had to put the metal pieces back in THF with the sanded side up.  I then put it in the sonication machine for 15 minutes.  Then I put the metal pieces back into the plates labeled with 1 minute and 30 minutes.  I had to put them back into the oven so they can dry over night.  For the rest of my day, I worked in the workbook that my mentor gave me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment