Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cheyenne Simmons Biography.


         Hey, I'm Cheyenne. This is my second summer participating in Project SEED. I'm from McKees Rocks, I go to Sto-Rox High School. I will be attending there as a Senior this fall. My favorite subject in school is chemistry. The former Co-Coordinator Josh Lucas was my chemistry teacher. The one thing I remember straight off the top of my head was the bridge method. Which came I'm so happy I learned my tenth grade year because it came in handy with my project last year and will continue to come in handy this year.

         Some of my interests are Art, I have participated in many art shows such as PTI's Visions and Voices, My schools art show, Along with The Congressional Art show which I have an award from. Another interest I have is Music. I've played an instrument for almost ten years now. I have participated in my schools concert band for almost nine years now, along with my schools marching band. This will be my fifth and final year. I read; I love reading fiction the most. I just love how I can forget about reality for a little while and be whoever I want to be. My last interest would obviously have to Science. Since I have a passion for science I applied to the Project SEED program. Why I applied for Project SEED other than the fact I like science I've had friends and people I knew go through Project SEED and I've heard nothing but good things and amazing experiences. So I figured if they had fun with it then I would to.

        My impression of the first day was exciting I was so happy to be here again for my second summer. Since it was my second summer I wasn't nervous or scared, I already knew my mentor, secondary mentor along with most of my lab mates. What I'm looking forward to is the ACS conference in San Francisco the summer for second year students. I'm  excited to present my project to people outside of Duquesne. What I'm not looking forward to is the air plane ride out to California, I've never been on a plane before.

         After I graduate high school next spring I plan on attending college. Which college I plan on attending yet, I'm not sure. I know I want to go to college for science, maybe geology but I'm not positive yet. Hopeful by the end of the summer I will be. After college I plan to go straight into the work force and begin to pay off student loans so I'm not in my fifties still paying them off. At this point in time I do not have any questions or concerns but I know if I do I can go to my mentor, secondary mentor, Mr. Larry, or anyone in my lab and the will try their best to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment