Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 26, 2014

6/26/14 Katie O'Kelley

I started my   day off with separating the toluene from the solid solution I made Tuesday, since I wasn't feeling well yesterday morning. I did this by adding liquid nitrogen to the column then connected all the hoses and turned on the vacuum. Then our SEED meeting started at 10 and when to about 11. My lab went out to lunch. We went to the Hofbrauhaus. It was delicious, I had some kind of chicken on a pretzel bun with amazing fries. It was a long lunch, we stayed long enough to watch the soccer game but we were also waiting for other people who work here, at duquesne. By the time we got back all the toluene was evaporated out of my ligand. So I took apart all the equipment that was not longer needed. For the rest of the day I will be reading and catching up on the stuff I missed yesterday, such as, taking apart the reflux equipment, IR, MNR, and, setting up a column. So, um...yeah, food. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment