Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cheyeanne Perez Day 2 Summary

              Today was actually really interesting. When I got to my lab I had to continue the rest of the transformation of the plasmids into the bacteria cells. It was not much to do but it took a lot of memorizing the protocol as well as attempting to learn it all for the first time. I had to learn the process of using the hood to keep everything sterile. Also I learned the measurements of the LB growth media and ampicillion to use. Then I placed them both into the falcon tubes. All I had to do after that was pick up the colonies I had grown and separate them into their proper falcon tube. Then place the tubes in the shake incubator set at thirty seven degrees Celsius overnight to continue the process in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment