Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Amber Latona Biography

I will be a senior going into the 2014-2015 school year at West Mifflin High School. I have numerous interests which include writing, reading, helping others in need, and researching. I enjoy working, staying active, and being on the move. In my free time, I like to relax. However, I do not have much free time because I have a job at Kennywood, I volunteer at Jefferson Hospital as much as I can, and I also take college courses at Point Park University. Not to sound like a nerd, but all subjects in school are my favorite- English and Science would be at the top. I decided to apply to Project SEED for a few reasons. I was informed by my science teachers about the program, and from there on out I looked further into the program to get more information. I decided to apply because I love science, Chemistry being my favorite. I realized what great opportunities could arise from this such as scholarships, acceptance into colleges, and even job opportunities. I wanted to be involved in something over the summer, and I thought that this was perfect, I also decided to apply to Project SEED because of the advantage of earning money. I am a foster child and I live with my aunt and uncle. They already have kids of their own and spend a lot of money. I grew up learning to be independent, so I want to be this way and earn my own money. Earning money is a privilege and a reward for me because it takes hard work and dedication. I decided that it would be a good idea to earn some money over the summer in order to purchase a car. It would help me out with so much considering that I have a large family and I know that things are not just given to you in life, so I'm working towards it.
My first impression after day 1 was almost like I had expected it to be. After day 1, I feel confident and excited about participating in Project SEED. I feel like this is going to be really good for me.
The only concern I have is not being able to obtain all of the information. I know there will be people here to guide me and help me understand, but I hope I do not get overwhelmed.
I am looking forward to learning plenty of new things this summer. I am looking forward to my project in general, and also finishing my project with confidence and knowledge. I am also looking forward to getting to know people and taking full advantage of these opportunities.
The only thing I am looking forward to least this summer is waking up early. Not concerning project SEED, but the steps to here are a WORKOUT.
I have plenty of goals that I still have to reach, but I have a set plan for the next 10 years.
I plan on attending college at a local University. I plan on Double majoring in Psychology and Biology. I want to study the brain and how science contributes to it. That's why Science and Psychology go hand in hand for me because I want to study how genetics play a role in how people think and act.

No comments:

Post a Comment