Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 20, 2014

June 20, Summary

     I had progress farther than what my mentor had expected.  So today, when he had to go to a meeting for five hours, I was given two booklets so about MOE to help me fully understand the use of the program.  I only had time to read about half of one of the booklet before my mentor got back, but it was enough time to learn more about MOE.  I learned new features of MOE such as duplicating a ligand.  That way I could experiment and change the chemical structure of the molecule and still have the original ligand to compare with.  I was working with tarceva and rearranging its structure.  I deleted and built new atoms to add to its components to see how the change would affect the newly made ligand.  I new feature that I learn today on MOE is the pharmacophore query.  However, I only know a little what a pharmacophore really is because I had a new assignment when I reached that part of the booklet.
     My new assignment was to learn how to use CHARMM-GUI  which is a program that is widely used for macromolecules like proteins.  Although I began learning about this new program today,  I believer that using it will be very difficult as it may be one of the most confusing program I have used yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment