Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18, Summary

     Today I learned more about the programs MOE and LaTeX and can utilize more of its wonderful features.  I have finally finish my tutorial on MOE which was a good start on learning the program and on LaTeX I learned to start a document and list information by using \enumerate which numbers them and \itemize, which bullet points them.  To familiarize myself with LaTeX, I watch a youtube video about the basics commands to start and end my document. LaTeX even have a lot of special characters for the use of organizing your document.  The symbol & would put in spaces, or tables to separate entries.  I even learned that % could be used to put comments for yourself, but it would not go on the published document.  With LaTeX, you could do just about anything, change fonts, add a description, cite your sources, and even add a picture.  However, I had troubles inserting a picture onto LaTeX and still haven't found a solution, but I plan on finding my mistake tomorrow.
      As soon as I was done with lunch, I continued off from my reading from yesterday and refresh my memory about proteins.  I reviewed how a protein were made out of a primary, secondary, and tertiary structures.  I only learned what a primary structure was which the amino acid sequence and the secondary structure, which is the alpha-helix.  I had enjoy my time here today and I plan on learning where I left off today.

                                                                                                                  -Stephen Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment