Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Jisca Biography

        Hi, my name is Nadejda Kodjo but everyone calls me by my middle name, which is Jisca.  I go to Sto-Rox high school and will be going to the 11th grade. I am interested in many things.  I really want to do something in the medical field, but i also want to something in the science field.  They both sort of depend on each other.  Another thing that I am interested in is accounting. I love math and I am really good at it. So, accounting might be a minor in my college years.

        As you can tell by the previous paragraph, my favorite subject in school is math.There are many reasons why I applied to seed.  First, i really like science and chemistry and would to understand it more.  Second, science is one of the other subject that I am good at. Not as good as I am at math, but not bad.  Third, this opportunity will benefit me in the future.  I can put this on my college application and as work experience.  This project will teach me many things that i do not know and it will help with many things in pertaining to college.

        My first impression after the first day was that it wasn't going to be as hard as I thought it would. When I got the title of my project, my eyes went wide because I couldn't understand anything that i was reading.  When I got the papers that was supposed to read, I still thought of the same thing. But, after reading and re-reading for a while, I finally understood what my project was going to be about.  So, after the first day, I couldn't wait to start on everything.   I don't really have any questions and concerns.  If I need to ask something, I just ask one of my mentors and they are willing to help every time. 
\
        What I am looking forward to the most this summer is working in the labs.  I want the experience of wearing a lab coat, goggles, and gloves to test things and come to conclusions.  What i am looking forward to the least this summer is waking up at 6:00 every weekday morning just to get here. Also, on Thursdays I have to come early for a group meeting at 8:00. That means I have to wake up earlier.

        In the next 10 years, I plan on graduating high school and going to college. Then, i plan on graduating college with a degree in a science or medical field. that way in 10 years, i will have a good career.   

No comments:

Post a Comment