Thursday, July 10, 2014

7/10/14 Kelly Pesta

Today was the most productive day so far this summer. I have been doing extractions all day. This morning I finished up the acetone/water extraction with 20 min sonication. After that I cleaned off 18 more SEM stubs in acetone and added the adhesive sticker and the 7 standards onto them and let them dry. After that I started the 75% isopropanol/ 25% water extraction. I needed 9 stubs for this extraction (3 for 20 min sonication, 3 for 25 min sonication, and 3 for 30 min sonication). After that I syringe filtered them and put them into GC vials. After I finished that extraction I started my last extraction method. This one consisted of 50% acetone/ 50% acetonitrile. I also needed 9 stubs for this extraction and sonicated the stubs for the same amount of times as the isopropanol/ water extraction. After the extractions were made and they were done sonicating, I syringe filtered them and put them into GC vials. Next week I hope to run all of my samples, which is a total of 45 stubs, on the LC/MS to get my results and finish my power point before I present on Wednesday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment