Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 28, 2014

2014 URP Symposium Experience- Kelly Pesta

Friday was the symposium, the second symposium I attended. It was a lot different the second time then it was the first time. In the morning I got there at 7:30 to finish up last minute things my mentor wanted me to fix, I printed my slides and title, and then I glued them onto the construction paper. When I finished that it was already 9:00 and the talks started at 10:00. So I had an hour to put up my slides. I found my board and successfully hung up my slides. Unfortunately my title was extremely long so I had to tape it to the wall, but in the end it all worked out. I ended up going to the speakers in the building next to ours a little late so I had to sit far away from the other SEED students, but at the break I switched my seat so we were all together. But I really enjoyed the speakers this year. Some of them I knew what they were talking about and their projects were really interesting. After that we all met up with our families and ate lunch. When we were finished we took some pictures together. Then it was time for the poster session to begin. I ended up getting the second hour so while I waited, half of the first hour I spent with my family and the second half I spent looking at the other SEED students projects. Then it was time for my shift. Dr. Wheeler was my first visitor. He asked me what my project was and asked a few questions. My next visitors were my family members and the other SEED students. And then it was over. I didn't get as many people as last year to looked at my poster, but I still had a good time. I enjoyed looking at all the other SEED students and seeing how well we all fit in with the undergraduate students. If it wasn't for our power point slides on construction paper to make us stand out a little we could go for college students. Like I said in my last blog, time flies. One second we all were strangers to one another and now we've all become such great friends. I sure hope we all stay in touch once SEED ends, even though I don't want it to end. It feels like it was just yesterday when we all met and now we're on our last 2 weeks of SEED.  Like I've said before, I'm going to make these last to weeks the best.
To end with another quote:
"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."
     -Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment