Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2014 URP SYMPOSIUM EXPERIENCE!


 URP SYMPOSIUM 2014

           Friday I attended my first symposium. It was an experience that will last a lifetime! When I got here, I finished assembling my paper because we ran out of tape and I didn't want to use glue. (Yeah, I know I'm crazy). Anyway, when I went to go register, my name tag was there but I didn't have a number nor was I in the abstract book. I felt very disappointed because I wanted everyone to read my abstract and I felt like I was not included. I know I take things very personal. Mistakes happen all of the time, so I just happened to be the person that was forgotten and that's okay. Anyway, I went to the end and put my poster up. I ended up using 60 something tacks just to put it up so nothing would fall apart..it looked really nice and neat.
I wore heels...bad idea!! My feet were so red and swollen by the end of the day, it was terrible.
I felt confident yet nervous at the same time and that probably makes no sense, but it does to me. When it came my turn to stand at my poster, I waited to see if anyone would come by. I had about three people come up and talk to me. Almost all three of them asked the same question that I didn't know the answer to, so I just played it off and tried to give my best explanation. My cousin and my sister came to see me and also eat lunch with me. After all, I felt very proud of what I had accomplished. I'm very satisfied with all of my work over the summer, It paid off. I have learned so much in 8 weeks or less.I am so excited I got the opportunity to meet so many people and present my research. I came in like a seed being planted, now that seed has sprouted and beyond grown! 

No comments:

Post a Comment