Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Youngstown University SEED intro

My name is Alyssa Blosser and I am participating in SEED at Youngstown State University in Youngstown, Ohio. I was scared to do this internship because chemistry is definitely not my cup of tea but I knew I had to face my fears if I wanted a career in any science field which is why I'm here today. Also interning with me is a girl who graduated a year ahead of me from my school so I'm not alone which really helps because I feel comfortable asking for help when needed. Together we are working on Metal Organic Frameworks or MOF's. We are working with a professor named Dr. Lovelace and a graduate student named Samuel who are there every step of the way to guide us and doesn't get frustrated with us which is nice. I'm interested in a science career I just don't know which one yet but I have my whole senior year to decide that and I also have to decide where I want to go. Today I had to work by myself which was really nerve racking because I didn't have my partner to double check my work. Sure enough, I had to redo one of my solutions. I'm starting to really like chemistry and YSU more and more every day that I come and I'm excited to see where this research project goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment