Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

7/7/14 Kelly Pesta

Monday was a slow day. In the morning I started to type my abstract and I asked Leah what should be added to it or what needed changed. In the afternoon I continued the extractions. I started the 1/2 acetone 1/2 water extractions and I sonicated 9 samples for 25 and 30 min (3 samples 25 and 3 samples 30). I still have to do 1/2 acetone and 1/2 water extraction with 20 min sonication. I also wrote down the other extractions Leah wants me to do which includes 100% acetonitrile; 70% isopropanol and 25% water, and 50% acetone and 50% acetonitrile, 3 samples of each extraction with SEM stubs with the 7 standards applied directly to the stub. Today I plan on finishing up my abstract, emailing that to my mentor, and completely finishing it by tonight. Later today I plan on finishing up the 50/50 acetone water extraction with the 20 min sonication and possibly starting one of the other extractions if time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment