Monday, July 7, 2014

7-7-14 Summary

Today was a busy day.  I wrote my abstract and finished it.  I had to send it to my mentor so she could read over it and make some changes if she wanted to.  I also went to a poster making seminar.  I now know all of the things that are required in an abstract and how to make my poster.  I continued to work on my power point, and I managed to get done.  Tomorrow, I have to practice on presenting in front of my mentor. 

In the lab, I ran my cobalt coupons through the IR and saw that the monolayer formed.  With that, I made my rinse to see if the monolayers would be stable.  I used a formula to determine how much of my base I needed.  I ended up mixing 0.4 g of sodium hydroxide (NaOH) with distilled water to make my rinse.  I had to put it in the sonicator for about 5 minutes until the NaOH was dissolved in water.  I then put my cobalt coupons in NaOH for 15 minutes.  After the time was up, I put the cobalt coupons back into the oven with the sanded side up for tomorrow. 

Later in the day, my mentor sent back my abstract and had me make some changes to it.  After I made all of the changes to it, I had to show it to my secondary mentor to get it approved.  She was very busy so I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I have any more changes to make in my abstract.  Hopefully I don't because I really tried hard to make it good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment