Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summary June 8th and 9th, 2014

On June 8th, I basically did my PowerPoint all day. I wanted to make sure that I was prepared for the meeting that was today.

Today, I reviewed my PowerPoint before the meeting and I was so ready to present. I was as confident as I could possibly be until I got in front of the group. My presentation was bad from start to finish. The main problem is I don't fully understand what is being done and this is because I'm not actually doing the calculations myself.
I had a meeting with Dr. Wheeler about my abstract, which I've submitted to the URP, and my presentation. When I told him how poorly I did and what the cause of it was, he told me that I should be running my own calculations and that he never told Travis otherwise. So, on Friday, I will be writing my own input files and trying to get calculations running in LAMMPS. I'm very excited to do this.
Until tomorrow, SEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment