Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

7-8-14 Summary

        When I came in this morning, I thought that I would not have anything to do in the morning.  Since I was scheduled to use the IR in the afternoon, I didn't go into my lab until 9:00.  I was in the computer lab until then.  But, when I went in and checked the list, someone crossed their name off for the time frame of 8:00 to 10:00.  To my luck, I only had 3 cobalt coupons to put through the IR so I just took that time to use the IR.  After looking at the frequencies, it looked like my monolayers were not that stable.  I don't really know yet, but I will find out later. 
       
        I also sent my abstract to my secondary mentor to view.  She only had a few things to change, so I ended up having an abstract that was good and was reviewed by my mentors.  I also had my mentor go over my power point for tomorrows meeting.  She changed a few words and had me add some things to it.  I also sonicated the cobalt coupons in sodium hydroxide later on in the day.  I put it back in the oven so I can scan it tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment