Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sarine McKenzie- June 18, 2015

Hello again! Today I did many interesting things with my mentor: First, I observed as she moved her solid that she created yesterday into the glove box/chamber. Then, I assisted in purging and evacuating a lid so that it could be moved into the box. I learned that you must perform the purging/evacuating process three times to ensure that no air gets into the box/chamber. Also, I observed how she added a solvent to the solid to create a solution that was then moved into another room (I forgot the name). While we were there, she placed the solution into a large machine which has a specific purpose, in which I also forgot. Tomorrow, we might begin working with materials within my topic.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment