Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

6/16 Amber Latona (Short Biography)

Hi everyone! I am Amber Latona. Born and raised in Pittsburgh :) I have lived in Beechview, Dormont, Carrick, and now West Mifflin.
I just graduated 15th/229 (rank) from West Mifflin Area High School!
 
I will attend Carlow University in the Spring to double major in Biology and Psychology in hopes to earn my Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling.
 

 
I also have a very strong passion for the military and plan on joining the United States Army next summer.
 
 
 
                                            I live with my aunt and uncle - who are my heroes!
 
 
I work at Kennywood Park where I have been employed for 3 years. Last year, a restaurant was built in place of the burger/hoagie/ice cream pavilion next to the merry go round which is now called Johnny Rockets!



                                         I have three best friends & I am a godmother of 2.

                                                           This is Dominic and Haven :)

I am a huge fan of Keith Urban and Hines Ward. I also really like Kenny Chesney and Lil Wayne. (Yeah, I know...my taste in music ranges from all different kinds.)


                               Oh, I am slightly obsessed with Starbucks and Reese Cups.

                                                               Vanilla Iced Coffee :)

I have two sisters, one older and one younger. I also have three dogs (2 min pins and 1 wiener dog). Lucy is my favorite :)))

Lastly, I am very easily to get along with and love to help others as much as possible. I have been through quite a bit of triumph throughout my life so far, but I do not let my obstacles hold me back in life. I live through each day believing that everything happens for a reason.
I live off of quotes and my favorite ones are:
"La Vita E Bella" (Life is Beautiful)
"With Pain Comes Strength"
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude"
"Destroy what destroys you"
"Hakuna Matata"
"God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers"
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"


From the first two days, I had a great impression and I am very excited to be spending my second summer here at Duquesne University :)
This summer during SEED, I hope to meet more people and expand my networking skills. I mostly look forward to my research project. I am doing the same one, but I am expecting more accurate results :)





No comments:

Post a Comment