Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Jisca 6-24-15

        Today, I ran the 24 hour deposition that was sonicated in THF through the IR only to find out that the peaks were gone.  The one thing that I hate about experiments is that you never know what the results will be until it is done.  I then ran the new 1 hour deposition through the IR.  Only 2 out of 3 of the cobalt coupons had peaks.  Using tetrahydrofuren, I rinsed the coupons for 15 minutes and then put them in the oven to view tomorrow.  Since the 24 hour deposition didn't really work that well, I started another one. 
        Tomorrow, I plan to look at my depositions through the IR to see the spectra of the peaks.  I will also rinse or sonicate them in THF if the peaks show up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment