Today I basically did the same exact thing I did last Tuesday. I created another mutation, except this one is on the beginning of the protein instead of the end. I changed another amino acid into another cysteine.
I created 3 tubes for the PCR machine again using the same amounts of everything except this time I used a different forward and reverse primer specifically for this mutation ,S8C.
Now I'm done for the day and the other person in my lab will be taking our mutants we created last week over to Pitt, and we'll get the results back on either Tuesday or Wednesday.
welllpppp guyss 6 days down 34 more left....