Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 19, 2015

Cheyeanne Perez 6/19/15 Summary

Today was another pretty simple day but I actually had more of my project to do today.

Today I removed my falcon tubes from the shake incubator and began a mini prep. A mini prep is basically a process used to remove the DNA from cells and purify it so it is the only thing left. A mini prep uses buffers and various times in the centrifuge to do this. There are, I believe, 5 buffers used to do different things. Some buffers lyse the cells open, others clean and wash the DNA. My DNA is finished and purified now that the mini prep was completed.

My DNA is now ready to be sent to the University Of Pittsburgh to have it read and find out if the mutation was added properly and in the right spot. It will either come back correct or wrong and I'm really nervous for if it worked or not.

5 days down: 35 days left to make this the best summer

No comments:

Post a Comment