Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Washington and Jefferson trip

Today we went on a field trip to Washington and Jefferson college. To say that it surpassed my expectations is an understatement. You hear the name of two dead presidents and what comes to mind? Money? Snobbery? Maybe that was just for me, but I'm happy to say that none of those things seemed of prevelance to them. Our tour guide was very informative, and he stressed on giving us information about the college experience itself instead of selling us his school. That gave me a hint of the kind of teacher that they employ: caring first for education, then personal gain. I found that very impressive, because I was under the impression that every college was a ruthless business concerned first and foremost about their capital. Washington and Jefferson proved me wrong, and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment