Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Half way there!!

So i glanced at the calendar today and realized that the research symposium (Our main event) was only sixteen days away. It's amazing how fast the time is flying by. It seems like only yesterday i was scrambling to find my way here. I'm even almost okay with waking up at 6:30 in the morning. Almost.
However, on a better note, we went on a field trip today to tour the RJ Lee group building. What they do there is nothing short of amazing; they've studied from the air at Ground Zero to lead paint in Hasbro toys. That was the first time I think i've actually noticed industrial science. I'm not saying I thought everything happened by magic or anything, I just hadn't put much thought into it. I think that appealed to me most there was the talk we had on the finer points of forensic science. I was shocked to learn that bullet particles on an accused criminal didn't automatically spell guilty. They are apparently easily transferrable, the most common place this happens is actually the police station, which seems kind of counter productive to me.
Lets all give me a standing ovation though!! I'm actually starting to semi kind of sorta understand my project. On a serious note, most of it is starting to come together. When i first started to get it I was so thaknful. It was a breath of fresh air when I figured out how to enter my molecules into the supercomputer. I think it's time for me to go though. I still have work and all, so until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment