Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Post #1

This is my second year being a part of Project SEED and I can't tell you how excited I am to be back! This year went by so fast and it feels like I've never even left. However, I am a little upset that a lot of the grad students who were in my lab last year won't be here this year. We are almost through our first week being here at Duquesne and it has gone pretty well, so far! These past few days I have been mainly refreshing my memory and learning more about the SEM and EDS through reading. For my project last year, an experiment was designed that remotely utilizes the SEM in high school chemistry laboratories via internet connection. This year I am going to continue working on high school outreach, but also begin quantitative analysis on the following: Cu2ZnSiS4, Cu2CdSnS4 doped with Mn or Co, and AglnSe2 doped with Mn. I am really excited to be doing more analytical research this
summer opposed to what I was working on last year. I can't wait to get started! :)

Here are some of the images I took last year using the SEM.

Increased magnifications of the penny imaged using the SEM




                                     SEM images of the crystallized salt candy      
                    
    


                                  SEM images of the crystallized sugar candy

No comments:

Post a Comment