Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blog Challenge #1

Ever since i was a kid i was alway interested in building and creating things. I use to have un-realistic dreams. I remember when i was young i tried to build a robot with scrap metal i found around my house.  I've always been interested in engineering, either mechanical or structural, or maybe even civil. I'm also interested in chemistry but i still think i rather go into the engineering field.

Im interested in the University of Pittsburgh, they offer a good engineering program that caught my eye.  I talked to different people from the university about the college and go some valuable information. I learned about the courses they offer in the mechanical engineering major, credit requirements  how many years ill spend in school, tuition, etc.  My school is also located in the middle of the campus so i know the rea well.

Penn State University also caught my eye. They are the number #1 recruitment college in America. I also talked to a representative from Penn State and im planning to visit the campus over the summer, sometime in July. I found out that 1 in every 50 engineers is a Penn State Engineer.

Im also interested in Carnegie Mellon University, they offer an excellent engineering program that i would lov to be apart of. I'm actually working with CMU during my senior year building a prosthetic arm with Dr. Steve Collins. The only problem with this school is financial issues. I dont know if i will be able to afford the school and not to mention how competitive the school is.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deion,

    I am Emily's mentor, Kim. I love that you are not only researching schools, but also that you are planning on visiting the schools. I would not worry about financial issues when choosing a school. With an engineering degree, the jobs that you would apply for would pay enough for you to pay off any loans from school. :-)

    ReplyDelete