Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 9, 2013

Blog Challenge #5


My experience at the symposium was not quit what I expected, in the morning we had to hang up our poster once we had done that we sat through the undergrads talks. I thought it was going to be dual and boring but it turned out to be pretty interesting many of the undergrads have interesting topics. I enjoyed the morning, after the presentations we had lunch. The lunch was outside and it was nice they has many options, they even gave us ice cream. After everyone had finished eating lunch the first half of the poster session began. My number was to which meant I was in the first half. The poster presentation did go as good as I hoped, I wish that I had more people that came up to my poster all in all I had around six or seven people come to me poster. The first was an African American lady; she seemed as if she was an undergrad herself. She asked me what my project was and I told her the characterization and synthesis of Cu- and Li- based quaternary sulfide semiconductors. She asked me how many years I’ve been at Duquesne and was amazed when I told her I’m only a junior in high school. She asked me what school I went to and was also surprised when I said Sto-Rox High School. After I explained my project she thanked me and went about her way. Then my Andrew came up and asked me to explain my poster even though he hear it twice before. The last person to come up was the dean; he asked me if I what my project was about and I explained my project. Then he also asked me if I was an undergrad and I told him not that I was a junior in high school, and that I’m a project first year project SEED student. He told me that I rally new what I was talking about and I thanked him. After it was time to switch the project SEED student took a picture and so did the Aitken lab, after I walked around and looked at some posters and took pictures. All in all it was a good experience and I can’t wait till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment