Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Project SEED blog

So far Project SEED has been fun and very interesting. The first day was very challenging for me because I didn't really understand what I was doing, but after my mentors explained everything to me I sort of got the hang of it. That day I received a "Crash course" in Molecular Biology from Sammy and Andrew so I could have a better understanding of everything that we are doing. Today Andrew and I created a Tris buffer, Sucrose buffer, and a Sodium Chloride buffer. It was pretty easy doing these things, because all we really had to do was measure and mix each substance. We also had our very first group meeting which was very interesting and frightening. I also got to meet Dr.Basu who, if I may say, is a very kind and intelligent man. The only challenge I have, as of right now, is reading and understanding all of the packets I received.    

No comments:

Post a Comment