Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 12, 2011

Big Blog Challenge

For my interview I chose to do Raj, a grad student from Dr. Pintauer's lab. She's currently studying abroad and had a lot of interesting things to say.

Q: How did you get interested in science?
A: I always wanted to be a part of something sciencey. And the subject where I am now is the ost interesting to me.
Q: Is it everything you expected it to be?
A: Yes, it is very fulfilling.
Q: What is your favorite form of science?
A: Biochemistry or science, definitely. They are both limitless in potential.
Q: What was your biggest fear going into college?
A: I actually had none, I was completely optimistic.
Q: If you have 3 oranges and 2 apples in one hand, and 3 apples in another, what do you have?
A: Not enough oranges! I want more!! Also, really big hands.
Q: How is the study abroad program?
A: It is such a great experience. The culture and people here are so different it's nice to know there is a different world.
Q: If you could change one thing about your academic career what would it be?
A: I think I'd play more sports. FIeld hockey was one fo my favorites.
Q: How do you feel about your project?
A: I feel fantastic, mainly because we are studying coordination polymers at room temperature, which is definitely more green than at 180 degrees celsius.
Q: What was your hardest class in college?
A: Quantum Mechanics for sure.
Q: Are you looking forward to getting your phd?
A: Yes, but at the same time I'll miss it. I feel as though I'm doing the same kind of work now that I will be doing when I get a job, but I definitely will miss the college life. I guess it'll be bittersweet.
Thanks a lot for your time Raj, you were really fun to interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment