Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 20, 2011

Blog challenge 1

Hello, my name is Sonny Smarra, I attend Sto-Rox high school and I live in McKees Rocks.

I think it's fair to say my hopes for this summer can be boiled down into one word; SURVIVE. As of this moment, the work I'm scheduled to get done is on a seemingly impossible to reach plateau. However, I had hoped for this very situation: I came into this program looking to be pushed to my intellectual limits, and right now it seems like that will be no problem. My main goal for this summer is to to be able to hold my own in a conversation with my professor about my project (which by the way is Predicting the protonation states of amino acid side chains in the protein complex cytochrome bc1.) and to develop work habits that will help me in all facets of my life.


Okay, heres the fun part. My first impressions of this program. When I was first told my project name,(Predicting the protonation states of amino acid side chains in the protein complex cytochrome bc1.) my first thought surprisingly wasn't ,"Whaaaaaa??!!?!". I was too busy marveling at the respiratory strength needed to say that in a sentence. So it's safe to say when I met the staff here I was pleasantly surprised. I expected a bunch of hard nosed scientists who didn't want to be bothered by a meager high school student. Instead, I was greeted with respect and I can sense that all of the professors are very passionate about education and their respective projects. I still have no idea what my project is, but I can say i have faith that everyone will do their part to explain everything to me. Now i just have to worry about understanding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment